Articles about Bats

Prevent infestation with Bats

bats chiroptera prevent infestation with

Bats are quite beneficial to have around, as they eat thousands of nasty bugs such as mosquitoes. However, if the bats are starting to nest some place where they don’t belong, such as your attic, it is important to prevent them from making your home theirs, providing you are in a country where it is permissible by law to take action against bats.

Information about Bats

bats chiroptera information about

Bats are mammals of the order Chiroptera whose forelimbs form webbed wings, making them the only mammals naturally capable of true and sustained flight. Bats do not flap their entire forelimbs, as birds do, but instead flap their spread-out digits, which are very long and covered with a thin membrane.

How to get rid of Bats

bats chiroptera how to get rid of

Due to the damage caused to their habitat, bats tend to find shelter inside houses, more exactly in attics, near roof beams, skylights, arches, porches or even in the cellars. They are normally not dangerous in their natural habitat, however, they do carry disease, so if you have a family of bats dwelling near your residence, the safest thing will be to deal with this infestation as soon as possible.

Bats are mammals of the order Chiroptera whose forelimbs form webbed wings, making them the only mammals naturally capable of true and sustained flight. Bats do not flap their entire forelimbs, as birds do, but instead flap their spread-out digits, which are very long and covered with a thin membrane.

They are the second largest order of mammal after rodents, with about 1,240 bat species divided into two suborders: the less specialized and largely fruit-eating megabats, or flying foxes, and the highly specialized and echolocating microbats. It is known that 70% of bat species are insectivores, with the other 30% feeding on fruits, on other animals than insects, or the vampire bats that feed on blood.